Friday, January 28, 2011

1 Peter 2:13-25 Bible Study Questions

Here are a few questions to help prepare for lesson 4 of the Strength for the Struggle class. If you are not in the class, hopefully they will be useful for your own private study

1. (V. 14) What are governors (governments) supposed to do? (What does this teach us about the relationship of law and morality?)

2. (V. 15) How can “doing good” silence the ignorance of the foolish?

3. (V. 16) What does Peter mean when he says, “live as people who are free?”

4. (V.19) What does it mean to be “mindful of God?”

5. (V. 20) Why does Peter remind them that it is no profit to suffer for sin?”


6. (V. 21) To what have we been called? (How does this affect your understanding of the Christian life?)

7. (V.22-23) How did Jesus respond to unjust treatment?

8. (V.23) What does it mean that Jesus “entrusted himself to him who judges justly?”


9. (V. 24) What does it mean that Jesus “bore our sins in His body on the tree?”

10. (V.24) What illness do you think Peter has in mind when he says we have been “healed?”

11 (V.24) What does it mean to die to sin?

12. (V. 25) What does “straying like sheep” and having “returned to our shepherd” have to do with the point of this passage?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Monday, January 31, 2011 7:13:00 PM, Blogger Amber said...

I am so thankful to be subscribed to this. Verse 23 really spoke out to me when it says, "he entrusted himself to him who judges justly" I LOVE that. It brings me back to a verse I have been reading over all week, "My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me." 1 Cor 4:4
These two verses bring me down and lift God up. It puts me at equality with the rest of humanity and paints a picture of our gracious and merciful God. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home