1 Peter 2:13-25 Bible Study Questions
Here are a few questions to help prepare for lesson 4 of the Strength for the Struggle class. If you are not in the class, hopefully they will be useful for your own private study
1. (V. 14) What are governors (governments) supposed to do? (What does this teach us about the relationship of law and morality?)
2. (V. 15) How can “doing good” silence the ignorance of the foolish?
3. (V. 16) What does Peter mean when he says, “live as people who are free?”
4. (V.19) What does it mean to be “mindful of God?”
5. (V. 20) Why does Peter remind them that it is no profit to suffer for sin?”
6. (V. 21) To what have we been called? (How does this affect your understanding of the Christian life?)
7. (V.22-23) How did Jesus respond to unjust treatment?
8. (V.23) What does it mean that Jesus “entrusted himself to him who judges justly?”
9. (V. 24) What does it mean that Jesus “bore our sins in His body on the tree?”
10. (V.24) What illness do you think Peter has in mind when he says we have been “healed?”
11 (V.24) What does it mean to die to sin?
12. (V. 25) What does “straying like sheep” and having “returned to our shepherd” have to do with the point of this passage?