1 Peter 1:13-25 Bible Study Questions
Here are a few questions for lesson two of the strength for the struggle Bible study through 1 & 2 Peter. These questions are designed to get us thinking through the text. We will be looking at this text in depth this coming Sunday and attempt answer these questions among others. The quotes in these questions are from the English Standard Version (ESV).
(What would it mean for our minds to not be sober?)
2. (V. 13) How do we prepare our minds for action?
3. (V. 14) What are the “passions of our former ignorance” that we are now to reject?
4. (V. 17) Why should the fact that our Father judges impartially, cause us to fear?
5. (V.17) What does “the time of your exile” refer to?
6. (V 18) What does it mean that they “were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers?
7. What point is V. 20 and 21 making?
8. (V. 22) What does it mean when it says, "having purified your souls by our obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love?"
9. (V. 23) What does it mean that we have been born again of imperishable seed?
10. (V. 25) In summary of chapter 1, what is the “good news that was preached to you?”