Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sin is the Problem - Ravi Zacharias

I remember one occasion when a businessman, looking back on his life, shared with me his memories of a life morally mangled. He said, "It started with my imagination that reinforced certain wrong desires. Then, having made repeated choices that were clearly wrong, in betrayal after betrayal I convinced myself that what I had indulged in I needed. The more I convinced myself that I needed it, I soon redefined who I was as a person. Now, as I look at what I have become, I can no longer Live with myself. I hate who I am. I am emotionally running, but I do not know where to go."

Knowing who we are and what we need is the starting point of what we will become. Until we understand what the Bible means by sin, our moral definitions will never find solutions. Words and platitudes in themselves have no power to change. Let us never forget that the men who sat enthralled before the strains of Wagner’s music were the same men who built the death camps of Auschwitz and Birkenau. The problem is not the absence of education or culture; it is the presence of sin.

Ravi Zacharias – The Real Face of Atheism

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Monday, August 06, 2007 12:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent article, Bro. Doug. "Sin when it is finished bringeth forth death."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home