Sunday, July 16, 2006

Waiting - F.B. Meyer

God has his set times. It is not for us to know them. Indeed, we cannot know them. We must wait for them. If God had told Abraham in Haran that he must wait all those years until he pressed the promised child to his bosom, his heart would have failed him. So in gracious love, the length of the weary years was hidden. And only as they were nearly spent and there were only a few more months to wait, God told him, according to the time of life, “Sarah shall have a son.”

If God told you on the front end how long you would wait to find the fulfillment of your desire or pleasure or dream, you’d lose heart. You’d grow weary in well doing. So would I. But He doesn’t. He just says, “Wait. I keep my word. I’m in no hurry. In the process of time I’m developing you to be ready for the promise.”

-F.B. Meyer, Abraham-

1 Comments:

At Sunday, July 24, 2011 9:13:00 AM, Blogger Brian Yoontoonen said...

I have been reading Abraham by F.B. Meyer and what insight is in this book. I thank the Lord that I have stumbled upon this author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home