Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I've Been Tagged

I've been tagged by Pastor Josh Kari. Here you go Josh.

I am: Trying to figure out how to finish this sentence.

I said: way too much, but a man who holds his tongue can at least appear wise.

I want: To be a great husband, father, friend, and most of all follower of Christ.

I wish: I would stop wishing and start praying more.

I hear: Jesus calling (John 10:27) Praise God!

I wonder: as I wander.

I regret: regretting things for which I’ve been forgiven.

I am not: worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which God hast shewed me (Gen. 32:10).

I dance: Sometimes when teaching the youth at our church.

I sing: Old hymns a lot.

I cry: out to the Lord and He hears me (2 Sam. 22:7).

I am not always: The person I should be.

I make with my hands: big piles of books.

I write: in order to clarify my thoughts.

I confuse: others when I write.

I need: thee every hour, is one of my favorite hymns performed by Fernando Ortega.

I should: be working.

I start: getting excited when I hear the Word Preached.

I finish: nothing. But God is faithful and just to finish the Work He has started in me.

I love: worshipping God with my family.

God Bless,

Doug

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 06, 2006 3:41:00 PM, Blogger Doug E. said...

Thanks Kendall,

I been working with youth for about ten years now, and I can say that I have only ever read one youth ministry book. Something about "Youth Ministry in Small Churches." It was alright in a common sense sort of way.

I am probably not the one to ask as I would not be considered a successful youth minister by the worlds standards at least, and it's probably still up for grabs by Christian standards. I've always worked in a small church, but I have found that any of the great books such as Baxter's "reformed pastor" or any other great Christian writing is what is worth reading. I'm sure there are great youth ministry books out there, but I just try to mentor my youth by teaching them the truth and have a little fun at times while we do it. We take them bowling, to the beach, and to the mountains but we don't really need a book on how to have fun while doing that.

It's seems to me that my ability to be a good youth pastor has grown in relation to my growth in understanding scripture.

God Bless,

Doug

 
At Wednesday, June 07, 2006 4:43:00 AM, Blogger mark pierson said...

I like what I saw in your 3:41 pm comment. Good stuff.

Mark

 

Post a Comment

<< Home