Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A Prayer in Weakness

Lord, give me the strength I need for today. For I am weak, and my body trembles under it’s own weight. The world before me looks daunting, and my own inconsistencies trouble me. Take me into Your hands, raise me up in your strength, and open the doors to speak the truth that needs to be heard. Break all the shackles and bind all the foes. Make me available for your service. Work in me to both to will and to do your good pleasure. You've crushed my pride, with the very thought of your mercy. You have become my very life’s desire. In light of you all else fails. Make my feet to stand on the rock, firmly planted never to stray. Give me gentleness in the firmness of your truth, give me humility in the pride of knowing you, and give me brokeness in the completeness you offer. My life is in Christ, and my death will be a victory. Take this day and have me completely, and if tomorrow is given, I will pray to do it again.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 24, 2006 4:17:00 PM, Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

Praying with and for you, my friend. Don't know for sure if this is a personal prayer or not, but regardless, I am taking the occasion and opportunity to lift you up before the throne of Grace.

 
At Tuesday, January 24, 2006 5:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug,
That is a prayer God hears and answers. He will give you strength.

 
At Wednesday, January 25, 2006 11:28:00 AM, Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Amen and amen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home