Monday, December 10, 2007

A Shepherd's Christmas


And all who heard it wondered at the things which were told them by the shepherds. Luke 2:18

What would it have been like to hear the shepherd’s testimony? Though we don’t exactly know what they were saying, it may have been something similar to this…

There we were out in the middle of a pasture, and all the sheep where sleeping. Then all of the sudden the sheep began to stir. At first we didn’t know what was going on. Then we saw them, the Angels who had come to tell us that born this day in the city of David, was a child who is Christ the Lord…the long awaited Messiah.

For thousands of years the prophets have been prophesying His coming. But what I can’t believe is that the Angels came to tell us: shepherds. Why would God announce it to us? We are not the priests or the holy ones of Israel. Most people despise us, and see us as dirty and not worthy anything. The only thing I can think is that this Messiah is willing to save anyone, even those like myself the dirty and despised. God Himself was born today and the Angels came to tell us!

What is most humbling is what the prophet Isaiah said. He said, the messiah will be wounded for our transgressions, and bruised for our sins: and it will be by His stripes that we will be healed. I’m not sure what all this means, but to think that this little child whom I just saw, is the one who is going to redeem His people, and that He has even come to redeem people like myself, only makes me love Him more. Maybe that’s why when I saw Him, all I could do was bow down in adoration. Some people may only see a child, but I see my Savior and my King.

Make sure you tell everyone, HE’S HERE, THE MESSIAH HAS COME!!!

-Doug-

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Saturday, December 17, 2011 8:18:00 AM, Anonymous Jim R. said...

Amen and amen!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home