Thursday, September 21, 2006

Pascal's Prayer in Sickness

You gave me health to use in your service, but I misused it to a wholly secular use. Now you have sent me a sickness for my correction. O let me not use this likewise to provoke you, by my impatience. I abused my health, and you have rightly dealt with me. O keep me now from abusing that also. And since the corruption of my nature distorts your favors to me, grant, O my God, that your all-prevailing grace my render your chastenings to be beneficial. If my heart has been in love with the world when I was in robust health, destroy my vigor to promote my salvation. Whether it be by weakness of or by zeal for your love, render me incapable of enjoying the worldly idols, that my delight may be only in you.

Pascal – A Prayer Asking God to Use Sickness in His life.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Friday, September 22, 2006 9:56:00 AM, Blogger Tim A said...

Doug,
I really like that and it has a lot of meaning to me.
Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home