Friday, March 10, 2006

Family Man - Andrew Peterson

This is something a bit different than the usual but how can I have Godward Thoughts without speaking about the greatest blessing He has Given me besides His son on the cross?

I am a family man
I traded in my mustang for a minivan
This is not what I was headed for when I began
This was not my plan
I am a family man

But everything I had to lose
Came back a thousand times in you
And you fill me up with love
Fill me up with love
And you help me stand
'cause I am a family man

And life is good
That's something I always knew
But I just never understood
If you'd asked me then you know I'd say I never would
Settle down in a neighborhood
I never thought I could

But I don't remember anymore
Who I even was before
You filled me up with love
Filled me up with love
And you help me stand

So come on with the thunder clouds
Let the cold wind rail against us, let the rain come down
We can build a roof above us with the love we've found
We can stand our ground
So let the rain come down

Because love binds up what breaks in two
So keep my heart so close to you
And I'll fill you up with love
Fill you up with love
And I'll help you stand
'Cause I am a family man

I'm saving my vacation time
For Disneyland
This is not what I was headed for when I began
This was not my plan
It's so much better than

-Andrew Peterson- !

4 Comments:

At Saturday, March 11, 2006 4:53:00 AM, Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

This brought such a smile to my face this morning!

Few things on this earth bring glory and honor to God more than a God honoring family--a family that loves each other, loves God, and knows theologically that the family structure perfectly reflects the purposes of God for His people.

I am so happy to be a part of a loving family, too. Apart from my own, personal life in Christ and all that entails, my family is the richest blessing that God has given me in this life. He satisfies us with good things.

Glory be to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit!

 
At Saturday, March 11, 2006 4:54:00 AM, Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

I meant to ask; who is Andrew Peterson? Is this a song?

 
At Saturday, March 11, 2006 5:06:00 AM, Blogger no_average_girl said...

awww, how beautiful!

 
At Saturday, March 11, 2006 1:44:00 PM, Blogger Modern Day Magi said...

Psalm 127:
a passage I only understood once i bacame a father.
"...Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from Him. ..."

As an expression of His relationship toward His people, whome He calls His children. Our Lord God, Saviour and Creator calls Himself our Heavenly Father.
Just a quote from the novel I am reading at the moment but I liked it and think it is appropriate.
"Of all the mantles and laurels he had found in the years gone by, or might find in the years ahead, none fit as well or blessed him as much as "Father"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home